Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Fly By Night

As loathed as I am to use a Rush song as the title, I am too delerious to think any harder. LAst night I workied from 10pm until 8 am this morning. Zombieness to be sure. All of my background folks were very couoperative, but I havd some lead actors that just couldn't get the lines down. No one understands how important it is to know your lines in film. Brad Pitt of all people made a statement about it years ago, and if he could figure out how important it was any moron can. It's different from theatre, where most actors come from, because of the time fram. What a film shoot is, essentially, is a memorized rehearsal. The only thing the actor need to come in with is the lines, everything else can be done over and over again in order to make it right, both on set and in post-production.

Maybe all the actors in my town are lazy, maybe they arn't trained tight for that kind of job. But there is nothing worse on a shoot that hold the shot so the actors can go over the script (except waiting on sound.)

This is the reason I am 4 scenes behind going in to tonights overnight. So for the next 10 hours I will be racing the sun, Peaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home