Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Off to a bad start

I don't like odd years. One reason is I was born in an even year. Another is that there are no elections. Still another is that they tend to suck for me (except the later half of 2005, but the beginning of that year was virtual hell, well maybe just real hell.)

So far I have spent ridiculous amounts of time at an airport that some people insist on calling by the name of a asshole of a former President (never will I call it that name, so you might as well just change it back.) Received numerous cuts and abrasions at the Montgomery County landfill. Had to spend almost $1000 on new tires and brakes from my Jeep. And yesterday I blew out the gears on my bike. The last was the worst of all. I have just gotten up to 15 miles a day, 6 days a week. On top of that I actually enjoy this exercise, which for me is rare. I've probably dropped 15 pounds since the middle of November, which is necessary in order to look good in a dress for the end of the month. What I do not like is jogging. First of all, it hurts my shins, ankles, and feet. Not in the sense of "oh, whew, what a work out" but in the sense of "oh, whew, I need an orthopedic surgeon!"

I can't even get into the gym in my complex due to...well incompetence. I will fix this as soon as I can, but it might take as long as it will to get my bike fixed. So I guess I'll just have to eat ice and celery for a couple weeks, and dance extra hard in rehearsal. But this really sucks, I was hopping to be in shape enough to ride my bike to work (22 miles round trip) by mid March, now I'll be down to 7 or 8 miles a day by the time I get back on the bike. Plus I got swell bike pants and ninja bike mask from my parents over the holiday, and they are going to go unused.

The year is only 3 days old, but I'm very suspicious.

2 Comments:

At 3:59 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

What a frickin cry baby.

Kidding. Sorry to hear about your bike. Any chance of getting it fixed?

p.s. I am looking forward to seeing you in dress and seeing G dressed as a man dressed as a woman.

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

fortunately the tears have sped the healing of my land fill wounds. i will know more about the bikes forecast soon. it maybe just a matter of time, probably not a permanent death.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home