Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Wednesday, June 13, 2007

I am totally back in town.

Well at least until Friday, and then I go to a family reunion in Atlanta. So, How was Alabama? It was hmmm.
1) Hot
2) Dry
3) Bland - in night life, free time preoccupations, and in food - unless you go to one specific Martini Bar, or eat BBQ for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I've got just one thing to say - RECYCLED CHOPSTICKS!?!?! WTF?
4) Far, far, far away.
5) Not without political leftists, though they are usually found at karaoke - don't ask.
6) Half of the population in made of cardboard stand ups - they are totally cheating in the electoral college.
7) Slow. Everyone is nice, but I think they have to be since they move so slow they must constantly be apologizing.
8) Really, really, REALLY bad drivers. Wow, I mean the driving here is bad - but holy cow. These people are nuts, or blind, or something.
9) The cast and crew were awesome! Best I have had overall. Bama folks were great, DC folks were excellent (both in there work and keeping me sane,) and our one NYC guy was cool too; at least for a NY actor (dude Scott I'm totally kidding.)

Here are a few glimpses of my 3 1/2 weeks in the deep south:


Dude I totally blew this up!











Kimberly turns Danny to the dark side.











Steve looking Evil.













Mike is much funnier in the picture, than in this picture.













Danny blows another take, but hey "Tape is cheap"





















I totally killed Kimberly for turning Danny to the dark side - hope she doesn't get a robot body. Or any ticks - did I mention the ticks...yeah, there were lots of ticks.
















You may be wondering where the pictures of The Hairy Ape are: thing is The Hairy Ape doesn't like to get his picture taken so much, and really doesn't like knowing he is getting his picture taken. There are a few that I am waiting on from other people and they will make an appearance so long as I can legally put them up.

Lastly: As my flight back to DC came in over the city I got the best aerial view of Washington that I have ever seen. It is the first time I have uttered to myself "God, am I glad to be back in Washington." You really don't know what you've got until your denied it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home