Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Friday, April 13, 2007

See ya Sam


So in the world of progressive talk radio Sam Seder, former co-host of The Majority Report and later the host of the Sam Seder Show, is being buried by Air America Radio on Sundays from 4-7pm. Let see a show of hands as to whom listens to the radio from 4 to 7 on Sunday evening...yeah, that's what I thought. And being replaced with the male version of Randi Rhodes, Lionel (who did at least have the good taste to put MB on the air once.)

Being a big Jeannine Garofalo fan, I did my darnedest to listen to the Majority Report as much as I could, until it was canceled and turned into the Sam Seder show - since Jeannine had better thijngs to do (ie. The West Wing) and it moved to 9am-12pm. Since I am in may car during that time I can't stream AAR, and have to listen to whatever is on Progressive Talk 1260 - Stephanie Miller(who is very funny too.)

But during the cold and artistically challenging winter of 05-06 I pod-casted Sam's show - and damn if it wasn't great. He also introduced me to John Perkins and his book Confessions of an Economic Hit Man, which if you haven't read, you have very little business reading this blog.

But mostly I love Sam because of a segment he did on the "war on Christmas," on CNN. He became a real hero to me, I love someone that will speak truth to nonsense and I will miss that voice, cause lets face it, I'm not listening to the radio on Sunday. Oh yeah, he was also the first person I hear call for a challenge to Joe Lieberman the Democrat killer. Nice try Sam.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home