Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, August 06, 2007

I missed the whole thing

For the second year in a row I have missed the Fringe Festival. That is not entirely true - last year I saw one puppet show, and not the one at Theater Alliance. So that and a "hey whats up" from Scot McKenzie is the sum and total of my fringe experience.

I did loan a prop to a fringe entry this year. So at least I participated - and I did have a 5 minute discussion of said show with Peter Marks at the opening of Refer Madness (hey that's fringe too right - okay I did see a fringe show) but I understand that he did not see it, nor did he send anyone to review it. Which seems odd, as he seemed very excited about it. Though I do think he though I was someone else until I took off my glasses. Who I don't know. Long hair, thick black glasses, brown pants, plaid shirt, immediately connected me with SAS, and at the Studio for an opening? Maybe he thought I was Skidmore? Gallu? Cassi Platt?

Regardless it got cleared up.

So I guess I am the quintessential Washingtonian now. Summer comes and I check out. I really need to change that. I don't even know what to be fed up with politically. Though I am pretty upset about that bridge in Minnesota. I think I drove on that bridge while I was on tour. On the other hand most of the information I got about it was my CNN time from 5:30 am to 6:00am before call time to go shoot this godforsaken movie.

So really, I'm still missing the whole thing.

1 Comments:

At 12:43 PM, Blogger SAS said...

The strangest thing about that is that I don't think Peter Marks would associate ME with me. I like imagining that he thought you were Gallu though.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home