Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

You Reap...

Oh Scott McClellan, how I have missed you. So odd that I placed you prominently on the "Wanted for Lying" board in my production of Accidental Death of an Anarchist, isn't it. And now your finally ready to just come out with it and admit that you are a lying bastard. Or, rather, that at least the president is a lying bastard.

One would think that I would be jumping up and down with glee at such a defection - alas, no. Scott McClellan is just as much a a two bit coward now as he was when he was the White House Press Secretary. If indeed he harbored the feelings he professes now, and did nothing about them - I'm afraid he's still the traitor I believed him to be back then, and perhaps a worse one.

The Iraq War exists purely because of the cowardliness of government officials serving from the year 2001 to 2004, members of the media working on the story from 2001 to 2004, and any voting adult alive in the country between 2001 and 2004. While I do take solace in yet another confirmation that the man currently occupying the White House is an utter moron - Scott McClellan's book does not vindicate anyone - or rather the reports of what he reveals in his book, I have not read said book.

One interesting poll I saw online today had a 62% to 38% inclination toward believing McClellan over Bush. Wow, that is bad. So I guess for me all of these revelations (which I had believed to be true for years prior to this books publication) are not the story and not encouraging. It's that the man in charge has fallen so far that not only would a former staffer, with whom he had a long and close relationship, throw the president under the bus; to add insult to injury, everyone thinks the guy trying to sell books is more credible.

Ahhhhh, justice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home