Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

An Elite Candidate

In a recent discussion about blog apathy, I said, "my blog only really works for me when I am pissed off." So here we go.

Barack Obama is no more an elitist than George Bush, Adrian Fenty, Jack Murtha, Hillary Clinton, Jesse Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Tim Russert, or you. I am really sick and tired of all this bull shit. You want an elitist? How about someone who has spent over 20 years in the United States Congress - someone who has never had a real job, who has sucked a living from the teet of America under the auspicious of "public service." Do ordinary, small town Americans all relate to flying fighter jets? No they just think it's cool, and dangerous. You know what's dangerous - growing up in Indonesia - that is fucking dangerous.

Now, I am willing to stipulate that Obama committed a cardinal sin of presidential politics - he told the truth. So sue him. Rural America is bitter, and nothing proves that more than the last 8 years. These people are so bitter, they put a jack ass in office that made their lives worse - and everyone else's - and they did it twice just to spite the rest of the country. Granted, the current 3 choices are all better than the current Moron in Chief - but I feel as though they may go on a fuck it up again.

What is wrong with a little straight talk? Sound familiar? There is some kind of ignorance in this country that I don't understand - harsh truthful answers from a republican is straight talk, from a democrat is elitism? BULL SHIT. We should throw a party in this country anytime a politician comes even close to the truth - like if they trip on it while cashing bundled donation checks, I'm totally fine with that. Like George Allen - he told the truth about his racism, and I thought he was to be commended for that - but then he lied about it again and that squirmy fucker got what was coming to him.

When people are economically depressed, and they habitually do not receive help from their government - regardless of party - then the find something else to vote on. In small town America, it's God and Guns - this is not new information, nor is it elitist. It is elitist to narrow ones decision to just those two issues. I am a voting elitist though, I narrow my decision to Dollars and Sense.

I part with this - A president should inspire us to make the best of ourselves, our lives, our country. But no one can do that if we constantly keep ourselves down, by denying ourselves the possible.

And McCain puts me to sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home