Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Wednesday, March 19, 2008

ET SNL & WTF

So I read this Entertainment Weekly article on Saturday Night Live. It's the same article they write every 4 years: SNL is best and more powerful than it should be in an election year. No doubt, the more powerful part, but I'm not sure it's at it's best. Seems to me SNl does it's best when it is commenting on the Greater America, not just lampooning the political arena. I mean, Bass'O'Matic '76? Come on, now that was some funny shit.

But my really issue with the article is when they confront Lorne Michaels with the charge that the show is bias toward Hillary Clinton. He denies such charges. Frankly, since Tina Fey hosted the first post-strike show, I would have to say Lorne is full of shit. The show as of late has been remarkable biased toward Hillary. **I'm gonna only say this once, I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH FRED ARMISEN PLAYING OBAMA** In fact I think it's a brilliant casting choice, and he is doing a great job - though I think he should incorporate Barack's "look" preface more...At any rate, the show is totally backing Clinton. And why not, it's based in New York, everyone who works on the show is one of the Senators constituents. They can be bias toward her, that is fine with me. Just don't lie about it.

Really, they shouldn't have to deny it. Unless they recognize that the vast majority of their audience is in the Obama demographic. Hmmmm...wait a minute...I bet they do realize that...at least Lorne Michaels does.

The overall lesson here: I should not read Entertainment Weekly so closely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home