Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, August 21, 2006

We can dance...

I listen to Air America Radio on the internet while I am work, unless I am doing some real detailed sound editing. and Just as I put my headphones on this morning to bide my time until the Al Franken Show, Jerry Springer is using "Safety Dance" as his bump in. Those of you who saw the Woodpecker over the weekend know that this can be both funny and disturbing. I will probably never be able to hear this song again without images of Andrew Price doing a dance of torture.

Thanks again to those brave enough to see the Woodpecker, and my apologies for any nightmares you might be suffering. Thanks to the Dceiver for trusting me that he was the plays target audience. For those that "couldn't make it" you are all wads of leaking anal fluid - no your fine, you just missed something that simultaneously makes people belly laugh and suffer from insomnia - your loss?

I forgot what it's like to direct something that you really love. I've been on a break from directing for about a year and a half (unfortunately the break began about halfway through the show I directed in 2005.) I lost the desire, or the imagination, the tolerance, the vision...whatever...for it, probably after Anarchist.

Maybe I ran out of things to say, but that seems unlikely. I was more interested in acting I guess, and needed to recharge that muscle before I could dive back in to (in my view) playing all the roles simultaneously - I think I got that from Jim Petosa.

But I really think that I have to have something I really love to direct. I would not be good at directing for hire - I have too much trouble falling in love with a play someone else wants me to do, especially if the goal is just money. Even though money is good, it's just not what motivates me as a director (at least in theatre, the film and editing work is another story.)

So when I have pictures I will post them, and until then I will find something to get mad about from the real world. 79 days until the midterm elections.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home