Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

June 2, 2006

I now know what I will be doing for my birthday. An Inconvenient Truth will open on June 2, 2006 in our area, the day after my birthday. There is nothing better for a thirties birthday than afilmed power point presentation given by the man who won the 2000 election, but is not called President. But as I have alluded in pervious posts, that may change.

No only are there rumors of Al considering a run on 2008, but he's got a fancy new movement name. Neo-Green. Man, you stick Neo infront of anything and your sure to get elected, right? No matter how radical your ideas are, right? We shall see.

And just as a side note. If you don't read the American Prospect, give it a try. I make it a little ritual to ride my bike to a Borders (I know, I know...it's the WalMart of Book Stores) and pick up a copy once a month. It is really great to read a political magazine that is full of hope, and not bitterness. This month: The Big Idea.

2 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger hpmelon said...

Gore will never run again. Thank goodness, because we need him doing what he is doing. I am very excited about the release of this film as well.

I feel like we need more 'scare the shit out of them' media about the effects of pollution on our earth. It seems like no one will pay attention until something seismic happens. Oh wait it did, the ocean swallowed New Orleans, but people still don't care. Maybe if the Potomac seeped into the Whitehouse...maybe then.

 
At 3:36 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

I wouldn't be so sure about Gore. It's a long way off, and the Party Executives that I have been in contact with are more curious than they are wary.

I'm holding out for sink hole to swallow the White House. Or maybe a tone of switch grass to fall on it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home