Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

The race is on..;.

A fond fairwell to Montgomery County Executive Doug Duncan. He has done a lot of great stuff for Montgomery County over the last 12 years, but I'm glad he's out of the race. Now Democrats have a chance to get behind their guy early and focus on bringing down a Governor that is woefully out of step with the rest of the State. Plus this makes it a Baltimore style race, so it's gonna get loud and ugly - which translate into fun. I've lived in Maryland since 1992, but the politics is always boring; hopefully this year MD will be producing some races to watch (and laugh and laugh.)

I got an email form Joe Trippi yesterday too asking me to support Kweisi Mfume over Ben Cardin. Ok, it's not really Joe Trippi, it's a staffer with a joetrippi@gmail.com email address, but the real issue is that Mfume might want to take a hint from Duncan. Cardin can beat Steele, but I'm not sure about Mfume - he has a lot of "values" problems which I believe will drive people who are on the fence to Steele. To be honest, I would vote for either Cardin or Mfume in the general, but I'm a party hack.

2 Comments:

At 4:22 PM, Blogger DCepticon said...

You say hack like its a bad thing. Its only bad when it is the other party.

 
At 5:13 PM, Blogger Thehairyape said...

I just think it reads like a bad thing, I was just trying to be honest about where I stand.

Republican hacks are much worse than Democratic hacks anyway. Stupid and uniformed - as opposed to just uniformed. But thats ok, Jesus will stop global warming when he returns...an I'm sure he will let them keep their hoouse boats too...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home