Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, May 22, 2006

After a very long time...

I have hit one of the sweet spots. It is a rare time when an actor/theatre professional wants and needs a break and one is available. I've never been so excited about not doing theatre for several months. It's just when you get on one of those long rolls of shows, this one goes back a year and a half (not the longest, but as I get older they take a bigger toll,) you work yourself into a frenzy, and then collapse. Fortunatly I've gotten out of this spell with out an illness, so it should be just "me" time for at least a month.

Speaking of which, I recored a live studio session of Gomez on friday from KCRW"s Morning Becomes Eclectic. Of course since it's west coast it was more like 2:30 becomes eclectic, but I'm going to cut the session up this week and if you happen to see me about I would be happy to let you "listen to it," and listening does not require my presence. There is also about a 10 minute interview about the new label, and the new record.

Now I get to see so theatre and I am very excited to view the "hostage drama's" in the next couple of weeks. The Fringe Festival is coming up as well, and honestly I'm kind of sour on it. I need to see it, I am a loser for never being involved or seeing one before, but I question it's effectiveness in this community. So much of the theatre in DC is fringe. We have maybe ten theatres that are "big time" but the majority of work being done in this town is being done in churches, warehouses, converted resterants, and multipurpose black boxes - it's all fringe. We will see, and I wish the festival the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home