Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, June 05, 2006

Social Concervative Week on the Hill!

For those of you who reside in states, not districts, I have an idea, letters to your Senators. Letters that chastise them for wasting the countries time and money debating a Gay Marriage Amendment to the US Constitution (that they all now won't pass," Flag Burning, and I would toss that English as the National Language business in there too. How can the Republicans in the Senate (who claim to be conservative) justify the enormous waste of time and money that these election engineering type issues when we are trillions of dollars in debt?

You know how much these ladies and gentlemen make? As of 2005, $162,100. So far they have worked 70 days this year. Based on an 8hr day, they are making $289.46 an hour! So maybe we as people who pay this outrageous fee should take a greater interest in what they are doing. As a matter of fact, even if you are on the pro side of these issues, it is cheaper to have it done through your state legislature since those poor folk don't get paid jack squat.

Democrats came out on this today for much the same reason, but I think they get the letters too. Too often when I write to my Senators they give me a song and dance about being out of power, as if that gives them the right to no respond to those who pay their salary. I can't tell you how many times my supposed "powder keg" of a Junior Senator has told me she can't do anything because of the Republican control. Well one thing to do is inform the public that the Republicans are the obstructionists, and I haven't seen that at all.

I write my Senators al lot, probably too much. But it is my experience that they enjoy getting letter/email from their continuance, even when they are angry. This is one way to let your voices be heard, and it doesn't matter if you voted for them or not; they work for you. So I suggest that we all start their employee eval’s early.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home