Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Friday, September 08, 2006

Been gone for a while

And now I am back. Been finishing the rough cut of a movie for the Junior ROTC, ah, fascinating. Seems that getting ones goals straight and the proper use of prioritization will allow you to be anything you want in the world, as well as increase your SAT score by 300 points.

Been suffering from real, honest to god, old fashioned, laryngitis. No cold or anything, my voice has just stopped working. Lots of tea, and lozenges. Hope it ends soon, rehearsal is getting difficult. My bad FDR impersonation leaves me hoarse at the end of every night.

Here is something that hasn't happened to me in, oh, about 20 years. Last weekend I fell off my bike. I was flying down East West Highway toward Beach Drive (if you know the area, it's a wicked steep hill) and I got some road dust in my eye. Usually I ride with sunglasses to prevent this, but there was a light rain and consequently to dark for shades. Trying to get the dirt out of my eye, slow down, and not ride into traffic, I careened into some bushes (a good strategy initially) to provide a soft landing. Unfortunately, at least one of the bushes was a thorn bush. Upon feeling the pain of thorns digging into my hands and arms, I turned the bike a bit, then came crashing to the sidewalk, dragging my elbow. So I have a very interesting "landing strip" wound on my elbow and like 70 tiny cuts on my hands. The elbow is really sucky, it doesn't hurt when bent, but is excruciating when straight, as all the skin bunches up and it is all scabbed and such. On the bright side, I did not get any blood on my white New Orleans shirt, and I finished the ride (the crash was near the beginning.)

Also, for anyone not aware the Ladmiraults are leaving town soon. I had a wonderful dinner with them last Sunday and there humor, hospitality, and talent will be missed sorely.

The Maryland Democratic Primary is Tuesday. 7am to 8pm folks. Know your poling place, and get out there and vote. I have almost made up my mind on the Senate race, then I got my sample ballot and realized how many other minor races I needed to get up to speed on - boy is my internet tired. At least O'Malley is unopposed (as are the judges of the court and court clerk.) It's important to vote in primaries, it's like dress rehearsal for the voter. The more you vote, the easier it is to spot...shenanigans...so do it at every opportunity.

Peaches.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home