Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Friday, November 17, 2006

Who the Hell is Glenn Beck?

Well, I actually know who Glenn Beck is, but many people don't and they might get the wrong idea. For the time that has passed since the 2006 midterms I have still been listening to my progressive talk radio, and I have been inundated with advertisements for the Glenn Beck Show on CNN Headline News Prime (I have no idea what this is though.) I hear sound teases like,"I may be conservative, but I'm not an idiot," (which we all know is impossible) and all kinds of conservative ideology being passed off as populism I guess.

Now while I can not fault progressive talk radio for scooping up an advertising dollars that they can, this guy disturbs me. I wikipedia'd him and he claims to be a "conservative that happens not to be a republican." Sounds good, but he's anti-choice, anti-tax, anti-gay marriage, and had a show after the 2004 elections called "Gloat Fest!" Sounds like a Republican to me.

Worse, this afternoon I hear on the Al Franken Show a clip of him asking this of Keith Ellison (first muslim elected to the House of Representatives) :

"I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' " Beck added: "I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."
you can watch it here.

I also discovered that this albino ass was awarded "Worse Person in the World" by Olbermann.

If you've got the time, email CNN and voice your objection to this a-hole's presence on the cable tubes. Though it does not apply to the cable format, I nice treatise on how this kind of crap doesn't serve the public interest goes pretty far in tweaking the conscience of news heads (if not the programing heads.) Or you could demand a show in the preceding or following slot to "balance" Becks extreme views.

We just got our government back, time to get real news back too.

1 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Blogger Tim Harper said...

I'm interested to know what Glenn
Beck has specifically done to motivate you to such anger, and why you think he should be taken off the air.

he's anti-choice, anti-tax, anti-gay marriage, and had a show after the 2004 elections called "Gloat Fest!" Sounds like a Republican to me.

Anti-choice? I assume you are referring to the abortion issue? I think Anti-Choice is a poor choice in labels. If someone chose to kill you, obviously you would be against it and want to be protected. In which case, would you not be labeled as "anti-choice" by the same logic as applied with abortion?

"Anti-tax" - Please defend your position why you believe Glenn Beck is Anti-tax. I understand he advocates for much lower taxes, but I haven't gotten the impression he is for eliminating them. To defend my position, I would refer to the times he has reiterated the importance of having a budget for national defense. (see the video at http://tinyurl.com/4x6avu, titled "America's Broke")

Anti-Gay Marriage: Why is it a sin to be against Gay Marriage? If marriage was constituted to form a family, and children brought into the world by a man and a woman coming together, why is then is it wrong to advocate as the definition of marriage to remain as between a man and a woman? Where is the hate in that? How could it possibly be that homosexuality is inherited? How could it be that homosexuals do not have a choice, when I clearly have a choice to be homosexual.

Peacefully,

Tim

 

Post a Comment

<< Home