Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, February 12, 2007

It's probably not going to happen...

...the blogging. Not so much over the next 30 days or so. Reason? I am insane. Continuing on in Rough Magic, which has been selling rather well, and the number of performances are doubling this week. Did I mention that I sprained my left ankle on Friday night, well I did and it sucks. It's totally my fault for not telling the director that if I jumped off the stage to the floor wearing 5 inch heels, I might ge hurt sometime during the run - I was a slave to "wouldn't it be cool if..." and "Whats the matter Hairyape, are you scared?" Not to worry though, I did the Saturday show just fine, oddly I can walk better in the heels than in street shoes with the sprain. It's a level 2 sprain, so I'll probably be okay in a couple of weeks. Of course, I started rehearsal for my next show last Wednesday. Which is a lovely group of people, and a well written piece (sorry Roberto.) But since I'm in a lot of it, I will take my normal blogging time at work to try and learn my lines. Oh, did I mention that that show opens 10 days after Rough Magic closes? Well it does.

I guess memories are shorter than they used to be. This kind of schedule used to be the status quo for me in DC, but I sense a lot of trepidation from folks. Not to worry, I'm actually good at doing two at once - in fact I have always thought that it helps me to work harder and get more done. Probably because there is so much to get straight that my ADD can't get in the way.

So in closing, here is to another year without a Helen Hayes Nomination! Yee Haw!

Peaches

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home