Secure Your Rights

Liberal Pragamtic, with horrible spelling. Discussion and venting on the arts, politics, and the future of America.

Monday, July 24, 2006

Who cares what I think of the French?

I was polled by Zogby last week - I get the monthly internet questionnaire - and aside from Josh Rales showing up in the polling questions for the first time, the newest questions were a series of questions on the French.

Are you kidding me? I thought we were done with this crap. Does anyone really care if a candidate likes French food, speaks French, or watches the World Cup? These questions were obviously put on the poll to see if calling DEMs "French" would help GOPers in the fall.

I will be very candid with you. I don't mush care for France. I was there once in 1991, and I wasn't very impressed. I don't speak French, and have no real love for French food. My parents love France - including my Republican Dad - so I think this issue is, well, bullshit.

So for any DEMs out there looking to counter the conservative claim of "frenchiness," how about a unified "maybe you should be thinking about this country…asshole." Last part optional, but encouraged.

Sunday, watched Josh Bolton (no administration should have two officials named Bolton) on Meet the Press. I see why they brought this guy in, he seems...you know...sane. Tim asked him about Tony Snow's comments that the President sees embryonic stem cell research as "murder." 15 minutes of parsed words ensue. No one will own anything! Look if you think it's murder, say so, don't hide behind your "tar baby." 2 minutes later disillusionment kicks in to full gear. Fortunately rehearsal fro The Woodpecker begins and I feel much better. More on the best play I have read in 3 years coming in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home